Roasted Apricot and Arugula Salad with Gorgonzola
Slightly sweet roasted apricots, creamy gorgonzola (a cow’s milk blue cheese from northern Italy), and peppery arugula create a simple but standout salad.
- 4 apricots, halved, pits removed
- Olive oil
- 6 to 8 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚. Brush apricots on both sides with olive oil and place them flesh side up on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast until apricots are cooked and slightly softened but not collapsed, about 15 to 18 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, toss the arugula and radicchio with just enough dressing to coat the leaves. Divide salad among four individual plates and top each serving with two apricot halves. Top with crumbled gorgonzola. Drizzle a bit more dressing over the salad.
O Olive Oil Co. makes a sherry vinegar with a touch of apricot wine added to soften the vinegar’s acidity. Because of its hint of sweet fruit, it would pair nicely with this salad, and could be substituted for the balsamic vinegar. Whisk 2 tablespoons O Sherry Apricot Vinegar with 6 tablespoons olive oil.
If you can’t find fresh apricots, you can use 6 to 8 soft and plump dried apricots, thinly sliced. Roasted or grilled peaches would also make a fine substitute.
Raising the Salad Bar redefines the way we make salads. No matter what the season or occasion, it offers something new and delicious for everyone—a must-have cookbook for all salad lovers.Buy it now
Made with arepa flour (instant white corn flour), this is a somewhat richer dough that will overpower mild fillings, so it’s best suited to picadillo and other savory, highly flavorful mixtures. Any leftover picadillo makes killer tacos.
A healthier spin on the classic party treat! We promise it's just as delicious