Shrimp with Lemongrass
Shrimp in a bright lemongrass sauce: serve this dish hot or cold—both ways are delicious.
- 8 jumbo tiger shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 of a scallion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of finely chopped lemongrass
- Dash of Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Shell and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact.
2. Add the olive oil, scallions, garlic, and lemongrass to the Cook-Zen. Heat on medium-high for 1 minute, uncovered.
3. Add the shrimp, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar to the same Cook-Zen and mix the ingredients together. Cover and heat on medium-high for 2 minutes with the steam holes set to “close.”Back to all recipesBack to top of page
The Cook-Zen pot is a microwave-cooking innovation that creates amazingly delicious, healthy meals in minutes. This companion cookbook presents more than 80 recipes for Japanese-style veggies, rice dishes, meat, chicken, fish, even desserts, all simplified for home cooks.Buy it now
Other Main Courses
With red onion crowning each tuna steak, the dish is a real beauty.
Prepared from simple ingredients, this hearty and pungent dish is a perennial favorite, usually served with white rice and a sorrel-okra condiment called baguedj.